by Chris' Landscape Images Of Australia
The wrought iron structure is made from three parallel, scalloped girders that were manufactured in England. It is 120 feet (36.6 m) long with a cantilevered span of 60 feet (18 m). The bridge is 43 feet (13 m) wide and originally had a timber deck, which was replaced with concrete in 1922.
The bridge is listed on the "City of Adelaide Heritage Register", the "South Australian Heritage Register" and the "Register of the National Estate". A complete restoration was finished in 1982, with the bridge now appearing as it did at the 1879 opening.
*Canon EOS “KISS” D/SLR Camera