Let's get started! Share your ideas, links, and inspiration about Portland as comments to this post, so we can create a Portland fact/inspiration hub.
Here's some to start with:
- Portland got its name by a coin toss. It was a "toss-up" between Boston and Portland.
- Portland is the bike-mecca of the US
- Portland has tons of nicknames. Stumptown, Bridgetown, Rose City, City of Roses, etc.
- People love their coffee in Portland
- Lewis & Clark
- The Willamette and the Columbia River
- The Columbia River Gorge
- All the Parks within the city limits!!
- Public Transit
- All them parades in June
- It rains a lot in the winters
- Many of the characters in the Simpsons are named after streets in Portland
Let's keep the ideas and links rolling!