Scotney Castleby Bel Menpes
Fine art print on bright white, fine poly-cotton blend, matte canvas using latest generation Epson archival inks. Individually trimmed and hand stretched museum wrap over 1-1/2" deep wood stretcher bars. Includes wall hanging hardware.
ABOUT THE ART
Beautiful Scotney Castle. The earliest record from 1137 gives the owner of the estate as Lambert de Scoteni. Roger Ashburnham is credited with building the castle c.1378-80.
By 1558 it is likely only the southern tower remained. In 1580 the south wing was rebuilt in Elizabethan architecture style, and around 1630 the eastern range was rebuilt in three story Inigo Jones style. The Elizabethan wing remained a bailiff's residence until 1905, but the eastern range was partly dismantled to suit the view by the owners on the completion of the new house in 1843, leaving the ruin as a garden feature. This image has had a painting effect applied.
scotney castle, scotney, castle, inigo jones, elizabethan, tower, castle tower, moat, lake, reflections, gardens, architecture, historic, historical, history, castle ruins,