Apply Now: Society6 'Public Order' Group Art Show
A long overdue follow-up to the acclaimed Superheroes group show http://bit.ly/1pPU2gO in San Francisco, we're pleased to invite all S6 artists to apply now for our next show in collaboration with our friends at KINGSWELL in Los Angeles.
***** P U B L I C O R D E R *****
Whether from the advent of social media, society's collective addiction to reality TV, or both, it seems deviance in pop culture is at an all time high. The bummer about our front row seats to the unsavory activities of public icons, is how infrequently we see the culmination...until now.
pub·lic or·der (pə-blik ȯr-dər):
- crime which involves acts that interfere with the operations of society and the ability of people to function efficiently
- behavior that has been labelled criminal because it is contrary to shared norms, social values and customs (e.g., a person chooses to engage in private recreational drug use)
Public Order is your chance to interpret the best (or worst) outcomes of community disruption in the form of the quintessential mugshot. Pick a subject, fictional or otherwise, and show the world what it looks like when they get caught.
Selected artists will have their work displayed as art prints in the group show at KINGSWELL opening Saturday, July 26th, 2014 in Los Feliz, CA. Your work will also be included in the accompanying online collection to be featured on Society6.
Considerations to help navigate this collaboration:
1. Please click the purple "apply" button only if you will contribute work if selected. You must apply by June 13th to be eligible to participate.
2. If you are selected, you will be required to create and post work BY NO LATER THAN JULY 7th.
3. Given the specific theme of this collaboration, artists should expect to create new artwork if selected.
4. You will be notified via email for inclusion in this collaboration.
Thanks to everyone for your interest. We're looking forward to another great show.
More about KINGSWELL
Collaboration Closed on: June 13, 2014
We're looking for Society6 artists to interpret the best (or worst) outcomes of community disruption in the form of the quintessential mugshot for a group show at KINGSWELL gallery, Los Angeles, opening July 26, 2014.