Today, we are excited to announce that we have joined Demand Media www.demandmedia.com to take Society6 to the next level.
On March 23, 2009 at 9:06pm Justin, Lucas and myself set our intent to create opportunity for the world’s artists by launching Society6. By October 15, 2009 at 12:32pm we officially published our mission: Empower the World's Artists to profit from the sale of their artwork, without giving up control of their rights!
With the news of this acquisition we commit to you the following:
- The sanctity and spirit of the Society6 community will be fully preserved.
- All work posted on Society6 will continue to belong to the individual artist who posted it.
- The entire Society6 team will remain intact and will continue to run the show here in Los Angeles, including all 3 co-founders, only we will have many more creative and brilliant people with incredible resources helping us advance our mission.
- The quality of our products will not be compromised.
- We will continue our relentless focus to improve and refine the Society6 experience.
- We will continue to expand the range of products that we offer, and the features and resources that we provide to help you be more successful.
- Demand Media’s massive reach will mean more people buying your products.
Not only does Demand share our core values, but they respect and understand the importance of creative people. In just a few years, both through their own fully integrated creative studio and in collaboration with other Demand Media companies like IndieClick and Creativebug they have grown to the #14 largest web property with more than 100 Million people visiting their sites every month.
Over the last four years we’ve been inspired by the countless Society6 artists that we have met, and those that will always be remembered and celebrated as part of the Society6 family.
We are incredibly humbled by this journey and grateful to everyone that has entrusted us with their work. This is one of many big moments for Society6, so from the bottom of our hearts thank you all very much for taking part and look forward to your continued participation.