Clifton Arcadeby Don Hooper
Our metal prints are thin, lightweight and durable 1/16" aluminum sheet canvas. The high gloss finish enhances color and produces sharp image details. Each sheet has a 3/4" wooden frame attached to the back to offset from the wall. Prints have a wire or sawtooth hanger, depending on size selected.
ABOUT THE ART
The Clifton Shopping Arcade was built between 1876 and 1878 by Joseph King and was a Victorian version of the shopping mall. It was originally known as Kings arcade, or the Clifton Bazaar or Kings Clifton Bazaar and Winter Gardens.
The building was opened on 7th April 1879 but was a complete flop and became known as Kings Folly. King had hoped to let the spaces and be the manager but there were no takers and he was later declared bankrupt.