Domes of Trinity Cathedral, Chernigov, Ukraineby LudaNayvelt
10% Off + Free Shipping on Everything - Ends Tonight at Midnight PT!
Collect your choice of gallery quality Giclée, or fine art prints custom trimmed by hand in a variety of sizes with a white border for framing.
ABOUT THE ART
Chernigov is an ancient Slavonic city. In the 9th century Chernigov settlement was the center of eastern-slavonic tribe of the northerners. At the end of the 9th century Chernigov joined the Kievan Rus state. Chernigov was first time mentioned in chronicles in 904.
In 1024-1036 and 1054-1239 Chernigov town was economic and political center of Chernigov princedom. In 1239 Chernigov was destroyed by Batyi’s horde. In the second half of the 14th century Chernigov was seized by the Great Lithuanian principality. In 1503 after the war Lithuania lost Chernigov town to Russia.
In 1618 Chernigov was captured by Poland according to Ceylon armistice. In 1623 the town obtained Magdeburg right. Since 1635 it was the main town of Chernigov office of voivode. The inhabitants of Chernigov participated in the war of liberation in 1648-1654. In 1648 Chernigov became the center of Chernihiv regiment. As a result of Ukraine’s uniting with Russia since 1654 Chernigov formed a part of the Russian state.
Since 1679 there was a printing-house in Chernigov. In 1700 Chernigov collegium was founded. Since 1782 the city was a center of Chernigov region ruled by general-governor, since 1797 the capital city of Malorossian guberniya, since 1802 Chernigov guberniya administrative center.