Glen Hope Covered Bridgeby Monte Morton Photography
Free Worldwide Shipping Today!
ABOUT THE ART
Glen Hope Bridge is located on Hickory Hill road over Little Elk Creek in Elk Township. It crosses the creek at Anderson’s Ford, named for a local farmer, John Anderson.
The structure is a covered timber bowstring truss built in 1889 by Menander Wood, a carpenter, and George Jones, a skilled marble/granite cutter. They completed the job for the total cost of $1,767.
Listed in National Register of Historic Places in Pennsylvania December 10th, 1980.