Nagasaki - Oura Churchby Parisian Samurai Studio
Our Biker Tank, made exclusively for Society6, is an edgier take on the traditional Muscle Tank. It's crafted using extremely soft 100% combed jersey cotton with deep arm openings and raw cut edges. The Biker Tank is a boyfriend fit, intended to hang loose - women may wish to select one size smaller for a more fitted wear.
ABOUT THE ART
Ōura Church (大浦天主堂) is a Roman Catholic church in Nagasaki, Japan.
In 1863, two French priests from the "Sociéte des Missions Étrangères", Fathers Louis Furet and Bernard Petitjean, landed in Nagasaki with the intention of building a church honoring the Twenty-Six Martyrs of Japan, nine European priests and seventeen Japanese Christians who were crucified in 1597 by order of Toyotomi Hideyoshi. The church was finished in 1864. Constructed by the master carpenter of the Glover Residence, Koyama Hidenoshin, it was originally a small wooden church with three aisles and three octagonal towers. The present structure is a much larger Gothic basilica that dates from around 1879. This version was built of white stuccoed brick with five aisles, vaulted ceilings, and one octagonal tower. The design most likely came from a Belgian plan used by Catholic missionaries in an earlier church built in Osaka. The stained glass windows were imported from France.
church,landscape,japan,japonisme,nagasaki,glover,french,drawing,illustration,black & white