This Unit is THREE LAWS SAFE (Three Laws of Robotics) Framed Art Print
The eco-friendly Conservation Series frame is made of solid wood from socially and environmentally responsible forests. This framed art provides a minimal style that perfectly complements any design. Available in six sizes, in walnut, pecan or natural colors.
- Natural white, matte, 100% cotton rag, acid and lignin-free archival paper
- Solid wood frame dimensions: 0.75” (W) x 1.25” (Depth)
- Gesso coating for rich color and smooth finish
- Premium shatterproof acrylic cover
- Acid-free dust cover on the back
- Includes hanging hardware
Shop this artwork
About this artwork
‘Digging through a Corporation salvage yard I found this decal. Used to be the case that all robots needed to have the Three Laws of Robotics hard wired into their Positronic brains and this decal needed to be visible to let everyone know it was “safe”. Now all robots, androids and cyborgs have the laws as part of their base code – no need for it to be stated like before.’
If you’re an Isaac Asimov fan (or watched Will Smith’s I,ROBOT) you’ll know of the three laws. I’ve decided to add a section to Deep Space Dives called Lost & Found in Space. It’ll be a collection of items from science fiction that are particularly important/funny or just interesting.
The three laws of robotics are:
- A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
- A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
- A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.