Tokyo storefront #01 Art Print
Make a blank space pop with rad Art Prints. Better yet, start a gallery wall and mix Art Prints, posters, Canvas Prints and Framed Prints of all sizes to elevate your space with design. Available in five sizes, from mini to x-large.
- Gallery quality Giclée print
- Natural white, matte, ultra smooth background
- 100% cotton, acid and lignin-free archival paper
- Epson K3 archival inks for high-quality print
- Custom trimmed with 1” border for framing
Shop this artwork
About this artwork
When I moved to Tokyo, more than 3 years ago I was really surprised that upon my walks I encountered so many shops still in business in really old buildings. Differently to Kobe, where the earthquake wiped out a lot of these old downtown houses and shops, in Tokyo they still survive. I chose the best reference pictures from the ones I took during my explorations and decided to make an illustration series of old Tokyo shopfronts.
The, first piece of the series is an meat shop located in the Nippori district which holds still the old shopping street atmosphere and will appear in this series again.
- Medium: HOLBEIN Waterford white 300g/m cotton paper
- Lines: COPIC Multiliner SP 0.7mm
- Colours: My watercolours set
This is a scan of a painting, so there can be some paper texture and other marks of the analogue process visible, but I tried to make it as clean as possible.
ghibli, miyazaki, yohokama, winter, japan, series, mateusz, urbanowicz, hand-painted, watercolours, watercolor, illustration, pencil, city, train, tram, dog, character, original