Announcing the Society6 'Public Order' group show artists
Thanks again to all 1,224 Society6 members who applied to be a part of this show!
We are pleased to announce that each of the following artists from Society6 will be contributing to the Public Order group show at KINGSWELL in Los Angeles:
Farizwan Fajari (aka Speak Cryptic)
Mariana, a Miserável (aka The Miserable One)
Noah Harmon (aka Relax Adult)
While preparations are underway for the show opening, here's what to expect next:
- The show opens July 26, 2014 7:00pm - 11:00pm. Kingswell is located at 4651 Kingswell Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90027. If you are in (or planning to travel to) Los Angeles, please join us!
- Contributing artists, reminder to email your work to me BY NO LATER THAN JULY 7th
- Shortly after the group show, we will feature the accompanying Public Order Collection in the Society6 Store
About the show:
***** P U B L I C O R D E R *****
Whether from the advent of social media, society's collective addiction to reality TV, or both, it seems deviance in pop culture is at an all time high. The bummer about our front row seats to the unsavory activities of public icons, is how infrequently we see the culmination...until now.
pub·lic or·der (pə-blik ȯr-dər):
- crime which involves acts that interfere with the operations of society and the ability of people to function efficiently
- behavior that has been labelled criminal because it is contrary to shared norms, social values and customs (e.g., a person chooses to engage in private recreational drug use)
Public Order is your chance to interpret the best (or worst) outcomes of community disruption in the form of the quintessential mugshot. Pick a subject, fictional or otherwise, and show the world what it looks like when they get caught.
Thanks again to everyone for your interest. We're looking forward to another great show.
More about KINGSWELL
Collaboration Closed on: June 13, 2014
We're looking for Society6 artists to interpret the best (or worst) outcomes of community disruption in the form of the quintessential mugshot for a group show at KINGSWELL gallery, Los Angeles, opening July 26, 2014.