The monthly artist promo is an opportunity for you to offer fans, friends and family a discount on your products. Below are a few tips to help you get the word out!
Creating Promotional Material
- Mix up the designs and products to keep your promos feeling fresh.
- Pull product images from your S6 shop. Product pages have the largest previews.
- Feel free to get creative, but make sure your text is easy to read. Be clear in your messaging.
- Give your followers a CTA (Call To Action) - "Show Me More", "UseCode", etc.
- Include your promo link when posting anywhere. Information about the promo and your unique link are Available HERE (only when a promo is active).
- Keep the vibe of your promo material relevant to the vibe of your artwork.
- Not sure where to start? We created a white text overlay png to help you out. Download HERE. More overlays are provided in the artist promo notification email. As a reminder, the overlay is ONLY white text. You need to use Photoshop, canva.com, or another photo editor to drop one of your original designs or product images behind the overlay. (You may need to edit the copy to fit the the current promo.)
Sharing Your Promo Creative on S6, Social Media and More
- Post promo information on the day it happens. If you post your Artist Promo ahead of time, your fans will likely forget by the time it arrives OR be confused by an inactive promo.
- Make a new post on your S6 shop with your promo creative HERE. Include your unique link in the Add Post Content section. The post is not something you want to sell as artwork, so remember to deselect Make this artwork immediately available.
- Post twice a day. That's conservative, but over-posting could cause you to lose followers.
- Link to specific products or a collection of your work during a promotion by adding your unique "?promo=12345" snippet to the end of the url.
- Use shortened links with services like bitly.
- Update your Instagram profile link with your promo link. You can also tag yourself in the caption so fans have a quick way to access your profile. EXAMPLE: "Use the link in my profile. @tagyourself" or "Use link in the @tagyourbrand profile."
- Email your promo link and information to friends and family with a creative message or design.
- Talk about your artwork and what inspires you. Fans/Followers love a good backstory and will be more inclined to click intothe product page (i.e. bringing them closer to buying).
A Few Examples of Solid Promo Posts
Tag #s6promo wherever you post for potential inclusion in future roundups.