Learning from our past experiences is one of the most fascinating things about being a human. When things get tough in your present life, it's so easy to be hard on yourself and forget that fact that you've always made it through, and will continue to keep going onwards and upwards towards good things. Kansas City based artist Cat Coquillette's illustrations and attitude will remind you to stay strong and look on the very brightest side of life. We asked her to give some advice to her younger self in hopes that we can all learn from her mistakes, world travels, and triumphs. Want more inspiraion? Checkout Ruben Ireland and Arden Wray's notes to their younger selves.
1. When you're comfortable, you're bored. Take risks!
2. Make mistakes, but pay attention to the lessons learned.
3. Have tough skin. Critiques are key to growth.
4. Don't be afraid of change, some of the best things happen after a life shift.
5. Embrace various revenue streams; invest a little in a lot.
6. PRIORITIZE TRAVELING
7. Passion and talent are key, but so is being a good business person. Know your worth, learn how to negotiate, and market yourself.
8. Lots of people will offer you advice throughout life. Always listen, but ultimately follow your own intuition.
9. Seize every opportunity for growth, even the ones that push you out of your comfort zone. Your confidence will bloom and your career will expand in ways you never imagined.
10. KEEP LEARNING, KEEP WONDERING, KEEP EXPERIMENTING.
Shop more Cat Coquillette here!