Exciting news: we've got another collaboration opportunity; this time between Society6 and Another Fine Mess: an LA-based publisher and producer of editioned works by contemporary artists and designers. Justin Cooper, one of the founders of Society6 and the creative mind behind Another Fine Mess gives us the rundown on what it's all about and why this one is extra special:
Collaborations: The Roots of S6
With the sole purpose of creating opportunity for artists worldwide, S6 co-founders Justin, Lucas and I started our journey facilitating collaborations between S6 artists and iconic brands, publications and institutions like; MTV, adidas, IdN, GOOD and the International Design Awards (IDA).
By June of 2009, our 16th collaboration in less than 4 months, we dropped our first-ever limited edition product resulting from our collaboration with Max-o-matic: a quickly sold out screenprint entitled Police and Thieves. We had billed this first of it's kind S6 collaboration as "an experiment." Experimentation and collaboration became the foundation of Society6, while products became the means.
Passing the Torch
Even though we (the co-founders) moved-on from Society6 just two short years ago to continue to pursue our individual dreams, I remain incredibly proud and humbled by what the new guard (your Society6 team, many of whom I somehow personally convinced to rally behind our mission) has done to ensure that S6 continues to carry the flag which represents so much opportunity for so many artists, worldwide.
S6 x AFM Limited Edition Serigraph
So when I founded Another Fine Mess, naturally, the first collaboration had to be with Society6. The S6 crew and I thought it would be a lot of fun to bring things full circle in this way and offer one of you a Limited Edition of 50 serigraph to be funded, produced and published by Another Fine Mess.
Given that Another Fine Mess already represents the work of several renowned artists and designers, and that we are currently able to publish editions by invitation only, we hope that you will see this as a great opportunity to showcase some of your best work yet and have it featured by both Society6 and AFM!
Some details to help you navigate this collaboration:
- Must apply by no later than November 18th, 2016 to be eligible for consideration.
- Only apply if you understand the screenprinting process and you're able to commit to producing work applicable to the process, or have existing work that applies.
- If you are selected, you'll be required to submit a few concepts, or finished works before production approval and publishing by AFM. Print ready files will be due approx 2-4 weeks after you are selected. Please be able to commit to this timeline before applying.
- New artwork not required to be eligible, but we will encourage the artist selected to make new art (or at least rarely seen before).
- You will be compensated 50% of the retail sales price for every print sold
- You will receive 2 Artist Proofs for personal use
- Must be a Society6 artist to be considered. Not one yet? Sign up here
- Must be following Another Fine Mess on Instagram @anotherfnmess
- You will be notified via email if you are selected to contribute
I personally look forward to working directly with one of you very soon and thank you for your consideration!
Learn more about Another Fine Mess at https://anotherfinemess.com