Hi Society6, I'm Matt and I'm Product Director here at S6. This means that I'm responsible for the actual Society6 website. I work behind the scenes with a team of talented designers and developers to bring great new features to you and our customers.
A few months back we asked a lot of you what we should focus on next and we received a ton of great feedback. The loudest support was for a way for you to organize your work into more specific groupings.
Today we are very excited to announce the release of our new Collection feature, available now for all members.
Let's get started:
- All product pages now have a new 'Add To Collection' button which will allow you to create a new collection or add to an existing one.
- Add any products, from your shop or any other, to the collection of your choice. You can add all the same type product, or mix and match product types as you choose. The contents and theme are entirely up to you.
- Once three products have been added to a collection it will become public and visible in your http://society6.com/username/collection page.
- Check out the collection you created and click 'Edit Collection' to be able to delete or sort the order of products as you see fit.
- Share your collections through our built in social bar, or by dropping the link directly wherever you want.
Those are the basics, but as you'll discover there is a lot more you can do with collections - from how you curate and organize them, to how you share them and why.
Here are some of our favorite new collections from the last 12 hours:
We're very excited to get this feature out to the S6 community and see the types of collections you put together - from artists grouping their art to fans sharing the work of their favorite artists. This is just the first step for Collections with new ideas in the works.
Speak up in the comments below and let us know what you'd like to see or share your new collections with us. We hear the feedback we get from you and we've got more great features coming in 2015!